Lingard Private Hospital
As at 30 Jun, 2016
Market capitalisation rate:
23 Merewether Street, Merewether
Lingard Private Hospital is a 99-bed acute medical and surgical hospital located four kilometres south of the Newcastle CBD. Over recent years Lingard has undergone significant redevelopment which has provided the following enhancements:
- A new 40-bed ward
- Two additional operating theatres
- Improved diagnostic imaging areas
- Upgrade of patient recovery areas
- Expanded visitor and staff parking.
- A new 6-bed Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- A new 22 single-bed inpatient ward (to 101 beds).
- Two new cath labs allowing the ICU to facilitate more complex surgeries such as cardiac, higher acuity orthopaedics and neurosurgery.
- A new operating theatre (total now 7)
Lingard is now undergoing further development. The A$23.8m project will add 3 new operating theatres, 26 surgical beds, 22 rehabilitation beds, a hydrotherapy pool and 57 new car parks. This project is expected to be completed by December 2018.