Vital Healthcare Property Trust delivers stable, reliable returns through sound diversification and ‘best practice’ risk management. It is an opportunity to make a sound investment in a sector that makes a positive difference in people’s lives.
- Clear strategy. Vital is the largest listed healthcare real estate vehicle in Australasia. We have demonstrated we are a credible and capable partner in developing, managing and owning medical and healthcare assets. This has been a deliberate and proactive strategy to position the Trust as a defensive and diversified investment vehicle. Our returns to unit holders over the long term have been a genuine reflection that our strategy is delivering results.
- Understanding our tenants and their business. Healthcare is a specialised asset class and requires landlords that understand it implicitly. Our approach is to partner closely with our tenants to understand their business and growth aspirations by providing capital for expansion and development over time. We differentiate through the strength of our relationships and our long-term commitment to the sector.
- Defensive and non-cyclical sector. The healthcare real estate sector is underpinned by long weighted average lease terms, strong lease covenants and a high proportion of structured or fixed rent review mechanisms. The essential nature of healthcare and the ageing demographic are key factors that characterise the long-term rise in demand for healthcare services. The combination of healthcare real estate’s unique fundamentals and favourable macro drivers support its defensive qualities.
- Expertise. We consider ourselves to be experts in healthcare real estate. The combination of a dedicated team, strong relationships across the market and a proven track record of executing on attractive opportunities sees Vital well positioned in the healthcare sector.
Unique opportunity for diversification
As Australasia's largest listed healthcare property fund, the investment qualities that distinguish healthcare property from other property types include:
- long-term leases and relatively high rental returns due to the specialised nature of the buildings
- less exposure to economic downturn compared to other property classes due to the rising demand for health services associated with an ageing population
- the potential for rental growth through the ongoing expansion of existing healthcare facilities
- stability through operating in a government-regulated industry.
How to invest
Please talk to your stockbroker to learn more about how to invest in Vital Healthcare Property Trust. You will find brokers in your area listed on the NZX website.